Pages

2008/10/24

Instruction # 19 - Auto Script Writer 2


See requirements | Auto Script Writer 2 is bundled with AutoHotkey, so download AutoHotkey now
If you can't get this freeware, leave a comment.
See my computer spec # 1 for testing this freeware.

1. Installing : auto script writer 2 comes with AutoHotkey 1.0.15, so you have to install AutoHotkey 1.0.15.

Open downloaded file. If it is zipped,
unzip with Good Zip Freeware and open it then click next > I agree > next > install > finish.

2. Manual file opens, close it and go to Drive C > Program Files > Folder "AutoHotkey" > Folder "AutoScriptWriter" > open file " AutoScriptWriter.exe"

3. Knowing the rules : this program can record
  • Mouse movement on the screen
  • Where you click on the screen
  • What you press on the keyboard, you have to press Window Text button

Auto Script Writer 2

After recording finishes, you can use what you record for repeating tasks.

4. From my experience, I recommend recording on window that opens already.

Example. I try making websites from a free program called NVU 1.0 and want every cell in table to be unwrapped. This process I have to click "next" button then click "don't wrap" from drop down list and click "apply".

Auto Script Writer 2

Now I know my repeating task, auto script writer 2 can help me. I open NVU program window that I have to work on and then click ARecord button on AutoScriptWriter, ARecord button changes to Stop button that locates on the top of the screen.

Auto Script Writer 2

I start doing my repeating task by clicking title bar first and working as usual until I get it done.

It's time to stop recording, I press Stop button, the main window of auto script writer 2 appears then click save, name and locate file. I have file that has extension "ahk".

Auto Script Writer 2

5. Making shortcut : right click file created from auto script writer 2, select Send To > Desktop (create shortcut).

Go to Desktop and right click a shortcut file on desktop, click properties > click tab " Shortcut" .

I want to run this file by pressing " Ctrl " and " Number 3" on keyboard.
At Shortcut key, press " Ctrl " and " Number 3" on keyboard and release fingers. If text "Ctrl + Num 3" appears, this shortcut can be used. Then click Apply > OK.....Done !


See requirements | Auto Script Writer 2 is bundled with AutoHotkey, so download AutoHotkey now
If you can't get this freeware, leave a comment.
See my computer spec # 1 for testing this freeware.

No comments: