Pages

2008/10/25

Instruction # 42 - WhoLockMe 1.0.1

Last Updated : 2008/12/25
See Requirements | Download WhoLockMe 1.0.1 Now
If you can't get this freeware, leave a comment.
See my computer spec # 1 for testing this freeware.


1. Installing : Unzip a file "WhoLockMe.zip" with Good Zip Freeware then copy file WhoLockMe.dll, WhoLockMe.exe, Install.bat and Uninstall.bat to your desired folder.

Open a file "Install.bat".

2. The idea, when you try to delete or do something with a file, but the Windows says this file is in use, you can not do what you want to. This program can help.

3. Right click any file, you can see the submenu "Who Lock Me?..."

WhoLockMe 1.0.1

An example, I opened an iTunes program and tried to rename the folder that stored the iTunes program. I got a warning message saying

"Cannot rename iTunes: It is being used by another person or program.Close any programs that might be using the file and try again"

I clicked OK then right click the folder I want to rename and selected who lock me ? ...

A new window opened, I made this window smaller and moved it higher in order to see the next window clearly.

At locker name, I saw iTunes.exe.

WhoLockMe 1.0.1

I selected the first item and clicked kill process.
A kill-confirmation window showed the message "Are you sure to kill this process ?" I clicked Yes.
A new windows showed the message "Killed" I clicked OK.

4. I tried to rename that folder again and got the message "Renaming, moving or deleting 'iTunes' could make some programs not work. Are you sure you want to do this ?"
I clicked Yes. That folder was renamed.

The iTunes-Lockers still opened, I clicked OK.

5. I still saw the iTunes icon showing at a notification area then I moved a mouse pointer over that icon, it disappeared.....Done !



See Requirements | Download WhoLockMe 1.0.1 Now
If you can't get this freeware, leave a comment.
See my computer spec # 1 for testing this freeware.

No comments: