Pages

2022/12/25

Capitalize Text with PhraseExpress - Free on Windows 11

Just like the title says, you can capitalize text in any app.

To download this app, go to https://www.phraseexpress.com/download/.
There is a message: After 30 days, the software turns into the freeware for personal use.
Check the a check box 'I accept the license terms.'

Click to select a file format to download. I selected the Windows installer.

Open the downloaded file and do the installation.


The test steps - PhraseExpress version 16.0.179
OS: Windows 11 Home
Download: https://www.phraseexpress.com/download/


1. Open PhraseExpress, it sits on the taskbar.


Right click at its icon and select 'Open program window'.


At the left pane, select 'Phrases'.


Click the icon 'New Phrase'.


The new item is created.

 

Set the description.


2. At the phrase content section, I deleted all the text.
I clicked 'Output' -> 'Keypress' -> 'More...'

A new window showed.


My workflow is cut the selected text then convert it to capitalized text.
I set 'Keypress' to control + x ('cut' command).

The command 'cut' item showed in the phrase content section.


To create a time to take a breath, I added 'Delay'.

Clicked the icon 'Programming' -> Wait x millisecounds, a new window showed.


1000 ms = 1 sec.
I set it to 2 secs.

Clicked menu 'Text operations' -> 'UPPER CASE first char of each word'


A new window showed, I did a righ-clicking at 'text' box -> Clipboard -> Insert text from clipboard because the text was cut and it was stored in the clipboard.

A new window showed, I selected 'Use Windows clipboard', then clicked 'OK'


A new item showed in the text box. I clicked 'OK'


All steps showed in the 'phrase content' box.


The last step, trigger setting.

I set a hotkey as a trigger, see the picture above, I set 'Hotkey', then clicked 'Alt', then typed 'a'.

Don't forget to save - File -> Save.

The workflow:  select the text/sentences, press 'Alt + a' then wait for the result.

The result was impressive, I created a gift animation to show you what I tested.


The test steps - PhraseExpress version 16.0.179
OS: Windows 11 Home
Download: https://www.phraseexpress.com/download/








No comments: