Pages

2023/01/25

X-Mouse Button Control - Disable Mouse Scrolling for Specific Apps FREE on Windows 11

I saw the posts, people want it for some reasons. I thought it's interesting. Finally I got the way to do it.

The interfaces of this app looks scary at first, take it slow, you will get familiar with it.

The test steps - X-Mouse Button Control 2.19.2
OS: Windows 11 Home
Download: https://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/xmousebuttoncontrol.htm


1. This program sets itself as a startup item. To see its icon, at taskbar, click to show hidden icons.

 

Double click at it to show settings.

Open the target program. In the picture, click 'Add'.


Choose a running application then edit the description and click 'OK'

Select the target app at the left pane (see picture above).

Profile 'Default' is for global settings - the apps that don't have specific settings, will use the settings in the Default profile.


I don't have a mouse with a left/right scroll wheel for testing. At 'Wheel Up' and 'Wheel Down', choose 'Disable'.


Click 'Apply' and 'Close'.


There was no problem testing it on Microsoft Excel. There was something I couldn't think of, I bond a keyboard shortcut for capturing a screen to a middle button with X-Mouse Button Control (in 'Default' profile). That thing was disabled too.


I use the AutoHotkey script to scroll left/right by holding a shift key while scrolling up/down. It still worked. If I disable 'Tilt Wheel Left' and 'Tilt Wheel Right' in X-Mouse Button Control, I will not be able to scroll left/right.


 

The test steps - X-Mouse Button Control 2.19.2
OS: Windows 11 Home
Download: https://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/xmousebuttoncontrol.htm

No comments: