Pages

2021/10/26

BEST FREEWARE SCREENSHOT APPS FOR BLOGGING 2021 (2 of 2)

Part 1 of 2: https://windowsfreewareguide.blogspot.com/2021/10/best-freeware-screenshot-apps-for.html

Part 2 of 2, I try to add what Lightscreen 2.5 doesn't have - 'built-in annotation tool'

HotShots 2.2
Download from sourceforge
https://sourceforge.net/projects/hotshots/

 

The test steps - annotation tool

1. Open the program > set Output path > set  Caption mode (window,region,freehand,all screens) to Grab Screen > set After snapshot to 'Launch Editor'


2. Click the icon to take screenshot.


3. Look at the picture above, a question pops - where do I begin? Don't look at the whole picture, just focus on essential elements first.


Size of Picture - 'magnify' icon = scale to fit window, '1:1' icon = original size. Now I got the idea about resizing picture.

To drag and select object or picture, click 'up arrow' icon. Then mouse pointer turned to hand and I was ready to drag picture or circle I drew, select objects and delete them.



Color - Click icon above, to change foreground or background color. Then edit styles (pic below).

4. Move mouse over the tool, tool tip shows the name of the tool.


5. Click Export image > change extension (png,jpg,bmp...)

6. I have not seen a freehand screenshot from normal searching except from  'freehand screenshot' search term. People might find it hard using it but HotShots provides this feature and I will use it.


7. Lightscreen and HotShots are the freeware screenshot apps for blogging I picked from about 11 freeware apps I tested. I wanted to add 'Monosnap' I've already tested the old version - 3.0.9 but I can not get the new version from its website - monosnap.com via creating a free account - I'm stuck in the middle of process so I do not have a free account.

HotShots 2.2
Download from sourceforge
https://sourceforge.net/projects/hotshots/

Part 1 of 2: https://windowsfreewareguide.blogspot.com/2021/10/best-freeware-screenshot-apps-for.html


No comments: