Pages

2021/10/29

IT'S WORTH WRITING ABOUT 'Monosnap'

Developer's website
https://monosnap.com/

Monosnap is not in BEST FREEWARE SCREENSHOT APPS FOR BLOGGING 2021 (https://windowsfreewareguide.blogspot.com/2021/10/best-freeware-screenshot-apps-for.html) because I can not get the latest version from its website - monosnap.com via creating a free account. I don't test it, there won't be the test steps.

 

I have version 3.0.9, the 'crop' tool of this freeware helps me get things done faster. If I need to get pictures of 'right-click menu' or 'program window with menu that is not in the window' , the screenshot needs to be cropped.

The test steps - 'crop' tool (Monosnap 3.0.9)
OS: Windows 7 Home Edition


1. Open the program, its icon is at the taskbar.

 

2. I prefer using 'delay' option to normal mode, because when something goes wrong, I have time to fix it right away. The special thing about this freeware is the 'delay' mode is separated from the normal mode but it's for 'fullscreen' and available via keyboard shortcut only. To set shortcut, right click at the program icon > settings... > tab 'Hotkeys'

 


The 'delay' mode has 'countdown' user interface at the bottom left corner of the screen that I have not seen in other freeware apps.


3. After taking screenshot, at the annotation window. Click icon below to crop.

 

4. Drag white dots to resize cropping area, then click OK.

5. At the new window of annotation, click save to save picture. Interface of this freeware is friendly that makes me think "It may not be freeware someday."


Developer's website
https://monosnap.com/



No comments: