Pages

2021/11/04

FREE FAST AND SIMPLE SCREEN-TO-GIF APP

I know sceen-to-gif apps for a long time, I think the idea of creating this kind of app is - to explain something on screen in action with small file size.

I know what I want, found it and looked no further. This freeware is easy to understand, it's fast to get things done. It serves the goal (small file size, explain something in action). Online article somewhere doesn't mention feature 'Insert text', I doubt the writer doesn't use it but just make a list of sceen-to-gif apps and add or 'copy and paste' more details about it.


GIF animation on the internet I experienced is very simple without title, elapsed time, mouse click effect that this freeware provides. Screen-to-gif app with many features might be for different users, I will try to find the answer. If there's something I find interesting, I will write about it.

The test steps - LICEcap 1.28
OS: Windows 7 Home Edition

Download from developer's website
https://www.cockos.com/licecap/



1. Open the program > move and resize the rectangle to record the desired area.

2. Click button 'Record...', I checked the options:
- title frame (5 secs)
- big font
- elapsed time
- mouse button press (effect)

   

3. Click 'save' > I typed and clicked something > click 'pause'
 


4. I changed the position of the rectangle. I was not allowed to change the size. I clicked 'unpause', did something and clicked 'pause' > clicked 'Insert...' > typed text > set Duration, Alpha > clicked 'Insert' > clicked 'Close' > clicked 'unpause'


5. The program continued recording > I did something and clicked 'Stop'. The output file has extension .gif, you can drag and drop it to web browser's window to view animated GIF.

6. I'm impressed by the output generated from LICEcap 1.28 (animated GIF above). This freeware has never frozen or slowed my computer. Nothing more, nothing less.

LICEcap 1.28
Download from developer's website
https://www.cockos.com/licecap/









No comments: