Pages

2022/03/25

Use Mouse Gestures To Execute Commands In Firefox FREE on Windows 11

To explain 'gesture', imagine you use your mouse as a digital pen to draw something on screen with mouse button held down (what you draw will disappear when you release the mouse), Gesturefy will check what you draw, if it is correct, the command will be executed.


This add-on comes with nice user interfaces and great performance. I use it every time I use Firefox. Known or unknown mouse is not a problem, it makes searching information on the internet fun and easy.

The test steps - Gesturefy 3.2.4 (Firefox add-on)
OS: Windows 11 Home
Firefox 98.0.2
Install from Firefox add-ons page
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/gesturefy/


1. After installation, click its icon.


2. Click settings, I set 'Activation button' to 'right' - I must hold right mouse button while drawing a line.

I set 'Display gesture trace' to 'on' - show line when I draw. Set 'Line color' and 'Line width'.

I set 'Display command' to on - this is important because when I make a gesture that I'm not sure, I will hold down a mouse button until the command label I want appears, then I release the mouse. If it's not correct the command text won't show or show the one I don't want, to cancel that command I draw any shape to make the command label disappear.

Set font, color and position you want.

3. Click 'Gestures' section at the side bar, then click 'New Gesture'.

I drew a line to make a gesture in order to restore the last closed tab.

In the picture above, the mouse button was held down.

In the picture above, I have released the mouse.

4. I clicked a command box, a command bar appeared. You can search commands by clicking the icon below.

 

I searched and clicked 'Restore tab' to restore the last closed tab.

I clicked 'Allow' --> 'Save'.

I changed label from 'Restore tab' to 'Undo Close Tab', then clicked 'Save'

5. When I hovered the mouse over recorded gesture, it showed the animation of the gesture and delete button, that is creative user interfaces.

6. From my experiences, this add-on is blocked on a blank page, Firefox add-ons page: https://addons.mozilla.org/ , mozilla support page: https://support.mozilla.org , Firefox settings page - about:addons, about:preferences etc.

7. The result of testing was superb. If you have a high-quality mouse, I assure you that you will have a classy experience with this free add-on.



The test steps - Gesturefy 3.2.4 (Firefox add-on)
OS: Windows 11 Home
Firefox 98.0.2
Install from Firefox add-ons page
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/gesturefy/

















No comments: