Pages

2022/04/12

Stop Internet Disconnecting while Downloading File with Turbo Download Manager FREE on Windows 11

Symptom: Internet disconnected while downloading file (1.3 GB) with Firefox on Windows 11

The test steps - Turbo Download Manager 0.6.5 (3rd edition) (Firefox add-on)
OS: Windows 11 Home
Install from Firefox's add-on page
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/turbo-download-manager/


1. When Firefox downloaded more than 500 MB of 1.3 GB, my internet lost, it happened about 3 times in a row on at about 3 tries. I clicked a button of Firefox's built-in download manager for redownloading but it did't help.

 

2. It might be the password issue. This problem had forced me to start downloading all over again. I decided to get a hand of 'Download Accelerator Plus' (Free) to fix this thing. Who hasn't heard the name of this app?



Downloaded...installed...copied link from Firefox's built-in download manager...pasted to DAP...started downloading and had the issue of user and password.

3. Turbo Download Manager was intalled, I intended to fix the connection lost, never cared about speed. 


 

I started downloading the normal way by clicking the link. Firefox downloaded more than 500 MB, then it passed the way to 800 MB, I thought it was a chance to succeed.

Picture below: Firefox's built-in download manager

It was done downloading, I installed and tested the downloaded app, there was no problem.

Picture below: Turbo Download Manager


I had good experience with this add-on. I might update this article for big file size downloading.


The test steps - Turbo Download Manager 0.6.5 (3rd edition) (Firefox add-on)
OS: Windows 11 Home
Install from Firefox's add-on page
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/turbo-download-manager/


No comments: