Pages

2022/06/26

Subtitle Edit - Create Subtitles .SRT FREE on Windows 11

 

Based on my memories, Icon of app has been changed.

 

The test steps - Subtitle Edit 3.6.6
OS: Windows 11 Home
Download from developer's website
https://nikse.dk/subtitleedit


1. Open the app, drag and drop video .MP4 to the player window.


 Play the video and stop at the point in order to add subtitles

 
Click tab 'Create', then click 'Insert new subtitle at video pos'.

 

Line 1 displays, adjust duration in the box, type or paste text in the text box.

The text shows in the video.


You can add a line break just like you do by hitting 'Enter' key.


I added line 2 by doing the same thing except for setting the end time, I played the video and paused then clicked 'Set end time'.




I checked 'Select current subtitle while playing' to easily add a new line.


'click to add the wave form' is in the black box below the check box 'Select current subtitle while playing' I clicked it, there was a loading progress dialog, then I got a wave form with subtitles I created (see picture below).

 

In the picture above, a red part indicates that a line of subtitles is selected. That's a neat user interface in the free software.

When the video is playing, there's a line moving in the wave form, then the video is stopped, that line stops too.


I pressed 'Shift' key while dragging forward, the duration showed in the bottom.



 I did not want to lose my work, I pressed 'Ctrl + S' to save, selected 'SubRip' at 'Save as type'


In the picture below, I hovered a mouse until a pointer turned to 2-direction arrow.

 

Then I dragged to the left or right to change the duration.


I had been searching the way to repeat playing the area that I created by dragging to listen again and again but found nothing.

I pressed a spacebar to play/pause the video and the right/left arrow to skip backward/forward.

2. I was lucky to find that the tab 'Translate' can help me repeat playing the video under one condition that is a line of subtitles must be selected.


I created a new line and selected it, then clicked tab 'Translate', I set 'Repeat count' to zero, clicked play. This way you can listen a specific part over and over again.

3. I saved the file and opened it with Notepad.



I had a good time working with this freeware, worked great on Windows 11 without error dialog boxes.


The test steps - Subtitle Edit 3.6.6
OS: Windows 11 Home
Download from developer's website
https://nikse.dk/subtitleedit



No comments: