Pages

2022/08/11

OpenShot 2.6.1 - Censor Moving Object in Video with Auto Tracking Free on Windows 11

Without creating image in external image editor, no cropping effect, no  adjusting cropping size manually like you might see in other how-to videos. This is a quick and easy method to censor a moving object in the video with the help of auto tracking.

 

The test steps - OpenShot 2.6.1
OS: Windows 11 Home
Download from its website
https://www.openshot.org/

 


 1. Open the program, drag a video .mp4 to the timeline.

2. Select a clip, click tab 'Effects', search for 'Tracker' then drag it to the a clip in timeline.

 

The new windows appears, click button 'Click to Select'. Click play until the moving object appears, you can press a left/right arrow for more precision.



Draw a rect. around a moving object by dragging then click one time to end drawing

 

Click 'Select Region' -> 'Process Effect'. I clicked play to watch video, the blue rect. did not follow a moving object well so I started all over again without resizing the video size after dragging a clip to the timeline, the result was pretty good.

 

3. I split a clip at the point where a moving object appeared and disappeared by moving the playhead at the target point, did a right click -> Slice -> Keep Both Sides.




 

I moved a playhead at the point where a moving object appeared.


Click label 'T' in the clip, at the left pane, double click value of 'Background Alpha' and change it to 0.01 then hit Enter.


There will be a blue box covering a moving object.


The problem was at the end of the first part, a moving object appeared without a cover.

I moved a playhead where a moving object appeared and did the same steps to change value of 'Background Alpha' to 0.01, but it was applied to the entire first clip. I tried to changed it back but doing 'Undo' did not help, I had to changed that value to 1. I pressed the left arrow to move a playhead to the left.

Doing 'Slice -> Keep Both Sides' created a mess, did 'Undo' many times to return to the original state. Finally I found the solution, it might not be the best but It's OK. I moved a playhead where a moving object appeared, pressed a left arrow two times to move a playhead to the left, did 'Slice -> Keep Left Side'

I think this app loves fading, even the value of 'Background Alpha' is zero, I saw it slowly fading to zero. I fixed it by pressing a left arrow to move a playhead, at this point a moving object did not appear, I set value to the zero.


In the picture above, There are rounded corners of a black rect. because I played with the property.

To change color to black, double click value of property 'Background' to change color, and change color of property 'Border'.


4. I deleted the third clip and exported the video:  File > Export Project > Export Video.


I forgot to check, there was a blue line of a rect. in the first clip.

I clicked label 'T' and changed value of 'Visible' to 0.


I exported the video and the result was amazing for the FREE application.

The test steps - OpenShot 2.6.1
OS: Windows 11 Home
Download from its website
https://www.openshot.org/





No comments: