Pages

2022/12/04

FREE Update - Add Tabs To Windows Explorer on Windows 11

The online articles say version 22H2 adds tabs to Windows Explorer so I tried it out.

The test steps - Built-In Feature - Windows Explorer with Tabs
OS: Windows 11 Home Version 22H2



1. Press Windows key and search to open 'windows update settings'.

 

 

I found updates that were labled 'Pending Restart', I clicked 'Restart now'.

 

 

The look of 'Windows Explorer'. (see the picture below)

 

I opened 'Windows Update Settings', version 22H2 was waiting for being downloaded and installed. I clicked a button 'Download and install'.

 

Wait until it's done.


Click 'Restart now'.

'Please keep your computer on'


2. The look of new 'Windows Explorer'(picture below). There is a plus icon for adding a tab.


 I can move an item from one tab to the other tab by dragging and dropping.


 

I can reorder a tab by dragging and dropping.


I can not move a tab from a window to the other window by dragging and dropping.


I can not move a tab to create a new window like macOS does.


This built-in feature is enought for basic usage, if you do a more complex browsing, you might want to try 3rd party apps.


The test steps - Built-In Feature - Windows Explorer with Tabs
OS: Windows 11 Home Version 22H2


No comments: