Pages

2023/08/19

How to Use Time Zones In Outlook Calendar

This post shows the user interfaces of Outlook calendar when time zone is changed. It's a good idea to get to know how Outlook reacts to time zone changing, time will not be wasted by any confusion.

The test steps - Outlook 1.2023.807.100
OS: Windows 11 Home
This app comes with Windows 11


1. Connect to the internet , then open Calendar app.


 The app with a title 'Outlook' will open.

 

 

Click 'Settings'

Type 'time' in a search box and click 'Time zones'.


I set 'Display my calendar in time zone' to UTC+1 Amsterdam, Berlin...

Double click on the calendar to create the event.

I named the event and set time.

 

Then clicked 'Save'. In the calendar page, it showed start time is 9 AM. 

 

2. Changing time zone in settings page.

I set time zone to UTC+2 Cairo, then clicked 'Save' and closed the window.

I set time zone to UTC+2 Cairo, then clicked 'Save' and closed the window.

 

 

In the calendar page, it showed start time is 10 AM. There is no confusion here because I know that I am the one who changed time zone in settings page, but by default, time zone in settings page will be automatically changed to time where your device is located.

The problem is do I want to use the adjusted time that is provided by Outlook calendar?  Some cases, the answer is Yes, some cases, the answer is No. If I have lunch with local people, I should answer Yes, but if I have lunch on my own, the answer might be No, because I don't have lunch at that time.

One thing that can make this pain less painful is to check the original event time, then use that info to make my plan. How do I know the original time of event? The answer to this question should be found before using any calendar apps while you travel.

In the calendar page, I clicked at the event, a small pop-up window showed, it showed the adjusted time. I clicked 'Edit', a bigger window showed but it still showed the adjusted time.


I clicked 'More Options', the original time showed.

Some apps are designed to be clean without flood of information but some cases you need to know that info so clicking after clicking should not be the problem.

 

The test steps - Outlook 1.2023.807.100
OS: Windows 11 Home
This app comes with Windows 11



No comments: