Pages

2024/08/30

Copy Songs from iPod Nano with Windows 11

 

Its battery is dead but I can copy songs and transfer to a new player.

 

Info: iPod Nano (I believe it’s a 5th generation), File Explorer on Windows 11

 

1. Plug iPod Nano into computer and wait until you see the message.


2. Open File Explorer, at the left pane, select ‘IPOD’


At toolbar, click a 3-dot icon and click ‘Options’


A window ‘Folder Options’ shows, go to tab ‘View’ and click to show hidden files, folders and drives. Then click ‘Apply’.


Open folder ‘iPod_Control’.


Open folder ‘Music’


I saw folders named ‘F01’,’f02’,…


Ther were songs inside that folders.


I copied that folders and pated to my hard disk drive.


3. Make that folders unhidden.


Select folders, right click and click ‘Properties’ then at tab ‘General’, uncheck ‘Hidden’


Then click ‘Apply’.


There are options, I checked ‘Apply changes to the selected items, subfolders and files.


4. Filename didn’t tell anything so I decided to change it with Mp3tag.


The website.

 
Version.
 

 

Supported file formats.


It uses tags in a file to rename


Change directory…


Go to the target directory and click ‘Select Folder’.

Songs will be loaded, press Ctrl+A to select all songs.


There are many ways to rename. I clicked menu ‘Convert’, then ‘Tag - Filename’


Click an arrow to select tags, you can add your own letters to the box.

 

Info: iPod Nano (I believe it’s a 5th generation), File Explorer on Windows 11

No comments: