Pages

2021/11/13

DISABLE OR ENABLE TOUCHPAD ON ACER LAPTOP

 

There is no need to install anything, I just shared my experience. I was in the situation that I typed something in OpenOffice Calc when my hands moved backward and forward, the characters I typed are not in the target cell, sometimes the active window was changed to the desktop. I thought the problem was my mouse - old and without mouse pad, it might move and click itself, but unplugging the mouse did not help.

The problem was still there but I stopped thinking about it, did something else. Just like other problems you face in life, something pops up. I thought about touchpad the rectangle shape that is near your thumbs when typing, so I searched and got nothing but the clue - FN key + a key. I tested by pressing key combination - FN key and other keys, the symbol on the key is not clear, so I keeping testing until I found the right one 'F7'

Press FN and F7 is for disabling/enabling touchpad on my Acer laptop (Acer ASPIRE). I have already found the answer of question - how to disable touchpad, but the answer of the main problem is not 100% solved (in this case I'm not going to blame my thumbs). :-)

I got back to OpenOffice Calc, tested...tested..tested. I was happy with the result - there was no failure but I'm not sure about the consistency, it should be tested more. In the future, if the problem is or is not fixed, I will force myself to update this article.


No comments: