Pages

2021/12/09

BATCH CREATE THUMBNAILS FROM VIDEOS ON WINDOWS

Online article: DVD Format Getting Pandemic Boost (https://www.mediaplaynews.com/dvd-format-getting-pandemic-boost/)

 

Some people don't want to own movies, but want to have a collection - timeless movies that mean something to them.

Title of online article above is not the reason for my writing. I don't want to know why the DVD format was up 14.4% in revenue and 12.5% in unit sales compared with the same three weeks a year ago (2019). In pandemic time, people might want to watch movies that clam their minds and keep them as the collection to do something about movies they like.

'Thumbnail me' creates many thumbnails from your settings and combine them into one image file. I often forget the name of the actor/actress, but I remember the face, so one image file helps me a lot.

The test steps - Thumbnail me 3.0
OS: Windows 7 Home Edition
Download from developer's website

https://www.thumbnailme.com/

1. Open the program, and drop video files to the box.
 

 

2. This freeware supports videos: .mkv,m2ts,mp4,3gp.... I tested it using .mp4


3. Set rows and columns - rows: 4, columns: 4, you will have 16 thumbnails in one image file (if video duration meets the criteria)

4. This freeware supports 4 output formats, I tested it using .png. Then set the styles or 'beauty for your eye' - font,color,size

5. Click 'Start' button at the bottom, output files were saved to the same folder as video files and named the same as video files.

6. My video (duration: 3 mins 4 secs) meets the criteria, so this freeware create 16 thumbnails.

7. Another video (duration: 2  mins 23 secs) doesn't meet the criteria, so it looks like the picture below.

You can use it for your home movie, computer screen video, video shot by mobile phone, video recorded by CCTV.

The test steps - Thumbnail me 3.0
OS: Windows 7 Home Edition
Download from developer's website
https://www.thumbnailme.com/








No comments: