Pages

2022/09/10

Google Chrome Extension - Bookmark a Specific Position of a Page on FREE Windows 11

The limitations:

A. If a page is not fully loaded like YouTube, this add-on will not work.

B. If you are in a target page, bookmark is saved at zoom level of page: 100%, then zoom level is increased to 130%, this add-on will not work.

 

I have found the same kind of extension in Google Chrome. It's user interface is not good as an add-on on Firefox 'Bookmark' in my previous article.
https://windowsfreewareguide.blogspot.com/2022/08/firefox-add-on-bookmark-specific.html

It's the best extension in all extensions I had tested.

The test steps - Pagemark for Chrome 1.0.0.1
OS: Windows 11 Home
Download and install from chrome web store
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pagemark-for-chrome/mmdffnlogficblnnnehdaneih


1. Go to the link above, click a button 'Add to Chrome' -> click 'Add extension'. The dialog (picture below) shows.

 

 I clicked a button 'Close'. To pin its icon, in the picture below, click number 1 and click pin.

Hover a mouse pointer over its icon, it shows instructions.


2. I opened a new site, went to the target point, did double click at its icon, the tag showed on the right of Chrome window for a while then disappeared.


At the extension icon, there was a tag saying '1', it indicated boomkark #1 was created.

I moved out of the target point, then click at the extension icon, the tag showed on the right saying 1 of 1, then a page was moved to the target point. It worked!!!

I cleared the browsing data.

In the picture above, click number 1, then number 2 to go to settings. I searched 'clear', then clicked 'Clear browsing data'.

 

At time rage I selected 'All Time' both tab 'Basic' and 'Advanced'.


I closed a target tab -> quit Chrome -> opened Chrome -> went to the target page. There was a tag saying '1' at the extension icon.

I clicked its icon, the page was moved to the target point. It really worked!!

If you add multiple bookmarks, when you want to go to a target bookmark, you can not select and click to go to it. This extension only allows you start from bookmark #1, bookmark #2, bookmark #3......

When I want to remove a bookmark, I will go to that bookmark first, then hold control key and click at its icon, then the tag shows (picture below)

The test steps - Pagemark for Chrome 1.0.0.1
OS: Windows 11 Home
Download and install from chrome web store
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pagemark-for-chrome/mmdffnlogficblnnnehdaneih




No comments: