Pages

2023/04/21

Hide Files and Text Inside Image or Audio - SilentEye - Windows 11

A dedicated app for hiding files inside picture or audio file. It provides many options. To decode a file you need to set the same values when that file is encoded.


The test steps - SilentEye 0.4.1
OS: Windows 11 Home
Download from the developer's website: https://achorein.github.io/silenteye/download/?i2



1. Download, install and open the app.


I dragged .png image to the app's window.

 

The image is in the tab in the app's window.


Click 'Encode', a new window shows.


Click a button to select a file ( a green circle in the picture above).

I added a video file, the app showed '-164995/115 octets available'.

I clicked 'Encode', the message showed 'Selected media doesn't have enought space to encode your message!'.


It did not let me encode a file. I thought when negative value presents (-164995/115 octets available), the encoding is not allowed.

I removed a file and selected 1 KB text file (its size is smaller than the size of an image file) but the negative value still presented.

I changed the encoding format to BMP.


There was no negative value. Then set the destination. 

The values in the picture below is based on the quality of image which was set to 'best'


I checked 'Enable encryption' and set key.

Set the image quality to 'best'.

 



Clicked 'Encode'. The window disappeared, I checked in the folder, the output file can be viewed by Photo app.

To decode, I dropped .bmp file into the app's window.

Clicked 'Decode', selected the right encoding format which was 'BMP', checked 'Encrypted data', entered key, set the image quality to 'best', clicked 'Decode'.

 

Clicked a button to save file. 

2. This app lets users hide a file inside .wav file. I haved tested it, there is no issue.






The test steps - SilentEye 0.4.1
OS: Windows 11 Home
Download from the developer's website: https://achorein.github.io/silenteye/download/?i2

No comments: